Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ogbu guns for new NPL goals mark

Two-goal Heartland striker Brendan Ogbu has backed himself to smash the NPL all-time goals record of 20 goals from last season. 


The former Enugu Rangers front man scored his second goal in as many matches as Heartland pipped Kwara United in Nnewi Sunday.

“Jude Aneke’s 20-goal record of last season will be confined to the history books at the end of this season because I will erase it with the support of my team mates, fans and coaches. It won’t be easy but it is very achievable,” Ogbu told MTNFootball.com

“I may be miles off the top scorer (Mustapha Babadidi seven goals)but I have my game plan and before long, other attackers will be behind me in the scorers’ chat. I know the stuff I am made of and by God’s grace, a double digit number of goals will not be far from being achieved.”

Last season, the big striker blasted 11 goals.

Ogbu opened his goals’ account for the new season in fine style when he netted at former club Rangers in a 1-1 draw.

“It was a bitter, sweet experience for me as that ball went in. The tears welled up in my eyes but I quickly controlled myself because this is business and I am now a loyal member of Heartland FC and nothing will stop me scoring goals for my new club until we collectively achieve what we set out for at the end of the season,” he said


Culled from mtnfootball.com

No comments:

Post a Comment